Protests are ongoing in the cities of Omdurman and Khartoum North this evening, May 21, 2022. Confrontations between demonstrators and security forces may continue into the night, particularly in the Omdurman area. There may be other centralized or decentralized demonstrations, road blockages by protesters, business closures, and bridges may be closed in these and other areas of the Khartoum state.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter