Event and Location:
Demonstrations are expected to occur this afternoon, Tuesday, November 8, in the greater Khartoum area, and specifically in the areas leading to the Presidential Palace. This may include centralized or decentralized demonstrations, road blockages by protesters, and business closures. Unannounced protests and other acts of civil disobedience may continue to take place, in addition to larger organized protests. Security forces have closed the White Nile and Maknimir Bridges. In some circumstances embassy personnel may be authorized to work from home.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter