Event and Location:
Acts of civil disobedience are expected to take place this afternoon, July 4th, in the Buri neighborhood in Khartoum. There may also be additional unannounced centralized or decentralized demonstrations, road blockages by protesters, and business closures. Security forces may close bridges.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter