Event and Location:
Acts of civil disobedience are expected to begin tomorrow, Sunday, July 17, in the greater Khartoum area, and specifically in the vicinity of the Presidential Palace. Security forces are expected to close some bridges tonight or in the early morning. The civil disobedience may include centralized or decentralized demonstrations, road blockages by protesters, and business closures. Unannounced protests and other acts of civil disobedience may continue to take place, in addition to larger organized protests. Embassy personnel are encouraged to work from home tomorrow in the afternoon.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter