Event and Location:
Acts of civil disobedience are taking place this afternoon, Wednesday, August 31, and expected to occur tomorrow, September 1, in the greater Khartoum area. Today’s protests are expected to take place in the vicinity of Africa St. as well as the Al-Sahafa neighborhood, the Al-Balabil and Obeid Khatim Streets, and Mahatat 7. On Thursday, protests are expected to take place in Buri, Omdurman, and Bahri in greater Khartoum This may include centralized or decentralized demonstrations, road blockages by protesters, and business closures. Unannounced protests and other acts of civil disobedience may continue to take place, in addition to larger organized protests. Security forces may close bridges.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter