Events and Locations:
Blue Nile State: Demonstrations are ongoing today, Monday, July 18, across the Blue Nile State and are expected to continue at least through tomorrow. The Khartoum-Qadarif highway is reportedly blocked by demonstrators, and centralized and decentralized demonstrations are occurring in Kassala.
Khartoum State: Demonstrations are expected to take place tomorrow, Tuesday, July 19, and Wednesday, July 20, in Khartoum. Protestors are expected to initially gather in the Mayo area in southern Khartoum and Al-Arbaeen St. in Omdurman. There may be other centralized and decentralized demonstrations, road blockages by protesters, and business closures. Security forces may close bridges.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter