Sporadic and unpredictable demonstrations are expected to continue over the next few weeks along Siteen Road (also known as 60th Street, or Bashir Elnefeidi) and may spread to other parts of Khartoum and Sudan with little or no notice.
Event: Demonstrations in response to commodity prices and economic conditions have started recently and may continue for the next few weeks. Exact start and end dates and times are unknown. While demonstrations have been localized in Khartoum, demonstrations could spread to other parts of Sudan, start sporadically and/or spontaneously, and could become violent.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid all areas of demonstrations.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds, demonstrations, and non-essential travel.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
+249 18 702 2000
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444