Demonstrations are expected to take place on December 19 in Khartoum and potentially in other states. Exact locations and times are unknown.
Embassy personnel have been encouraged to work from home and, if travel is necessary, instructed to be off the roads by 1 p.m.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter