Acts of civil disobedience are expected to take place today, March 20th, in the early afternoon in the Khartoum neighborhood of Buri. Other protests may also take place in other areas of Khartoum and in other states. This may include centralized or decentralized demonstrations, road blockages by protesters, and business closures. Security forces may close bridges. Unannounced protests and other acts of civil disobedience may continue to take place in the coming weeks, in addition to larger organized protests.
Actions to Take
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter