Acts of civil disobedience are expected to take place over the next 36 hours in Khartoum and potentially in other states. Demonstrations may begin as early as tonight, April 10th, after dark, continuing through the morning of Monday, April 11th. One identified location is the Green Yard by Africa St. in Khartoum. Protests may diminish throughout the day time hours of the 11th, and are expected to intensify again after dark and into the morning of the 12th. This may include centralized or decentralized demonstrations, road blockages by protesters, and business closures. Security forces may close bridges.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter