Demonstrations are expected to take place on November 30 in Khartoum and potentially in other states. Exact locations and times are unknown. While organizers continue to encourage non-violent civil disobedience, there have been violent confrontations in the past.
Embassy personnel have been encouraged to stay home and instructed, if travel is necessary, to be off the roads by 1 p.m.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter