Location: Gathering points may include, but are not limited to, the following locations and their vicinities in Khartoum, Sudan:
- Siteen (also known as 60th, or Bashir Elnefeidi) Street
- Alsharqi Street
- Mahat 7 Area of Sahafa
- Jackson Square
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place on September 23, 2021. Exact start times are unknown, but demonstrations around Mahat 7 Area and Jackson Square are expected to begin around 1400 local time. Demonstrations around Siteen and Alsharqi Streets are expected to begin around 1600 local time. Demonstrations may result in road closures and have the potential to escalate.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid these areas until further notice.
Actions to take:
- Avoid travel on Siteen (60th) Street and Alsharqi Street.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444