Event and Location:
Acts of civil disobedience are expected to take place this afternoon, June 20th, in the Al-Kalakla neighborhood in Omdurman and the Al-Maarad neighborhood in Burri, both in the Khartoum State. This may include centralized or decentralized demonstrations, road blockages by protesters, and business closures. Security forces may close bridges. Unannounced protests and other acts of civil disobedience may continue to take place, in addition to larger organized protests.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter