End of Authorized Departure at U.S. Embassy Khartoum
Event: On December 10, 2021, the Department of State terminated Authorized Departure status of non-emergency U.S. personnel and family members from the U.S. Mission to Sudan.
Sudan is experiencing sporadic civil unrest and protests across the country. Communication disruptions, including internet and cell phone service, can occur during protests.
Actions to Take:
- Review the updated travel advisory for Sudan
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter