U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
June 29, 2020
Event: The Government of Sudan has extended the closure of Sudan’s airports for domestic and international flights through Sunday, July 12, 2020. Limited exceptions apply, including for cargo, humanitarian, and repatriation flights.
Additionally, the Government of Sudan has extended the 24-hour lockdown in Khartoum through Tuesday, July 7, 2020. Limited exceptions between 6:00am and 3:00pm local time will apply for the public to go to grocery stores and pharmacies.
We strongly recommend that all persons comply with the measures the government puts in place.
All persons in Sudan, regardless of nationality, are subject to the lockdown as well as all local laws. All U.S. Embassy personnel are required to comply with the lockdown.
If you are detained or arrested, the U.S. government can neither secure your release nor act as your legal representative.
As of Monday, June 29, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Khartoum has no repatriation flights scheduled. The Embassy is continuing to collect information from U.S. citizens who wish to depart Sudan but are unable to do so. U.S. citizens in possession of valid U.S. passports who wish to depart Sudan but are unable to do so – please read below for next steps:
- U.S. citizens who have already filled out the form expressing interest: we have registered your interest, no further action is required. Continue to monitor your email for further details
- U.S. citizens who have filled out the form expressing interest but are no longer interested: please email us at KHRTCovidDepart2020@state.gov to notify us that you are no longer interested
- U.S. citizens who have not filled out the form but want to join this flight: please fill out this form now to express your interest. You should complete the form for each family member in your group.
Additional information, including the latest alerts and messages pertaining to Sudan, may be found here https://sd.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage https://sd.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/ for information on conditions in Sudan
- Monitor local media press releases and government announcements
- Restrict all outside movement during curfew hours
- Plan ahead to ensure you stay compliant with curfew hours
- Register in STEP to receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions and to help us contact you in an emergency, or in the event of another repatriation flight
For after-hours American Citizen Services emergency, please call us at +249 18 702 2000 and ask to speak to the Embassy duty officer.