Event: The U.S. Mission to Sudan is aware of the possibility of limited seats on a special Ethiopian Air flight from Khartoum to either Toronto, Canada or Washington, D.C., via Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, departing Khartoum on Monday, March 30, 2020. The approximate cost of the flight is $4,000 (USD). This flight is NOT U.S. government operated or funded. Travelers will be required to pay out-of-pocket for all costs. Availability of seats, pricing, and boarding is controlled by Ethiopian Air. In addition to the cost of the flight to Washington, D.C., passengers are also responsible for all costs and travel arrangements for their onward journey in the United States. Please note that the flight is not confirmed and may be subject to change or cancellation.
Anyone wishing to take advantage of this possible flight should send an email to KHRTCovidDepart2020@state.gov indicating their desire to return to the United States, including the name, date of birth, passport number, and passport date of expiration, and final destination in the United States for all travelers. In the subject line of your email please write “Sudan Departure Inquiry: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”.
Please continue to monitor your e-mail for important COVID-19 and repatriation flight information.
Actions to Take:
· Monitor the Embassy’s website (https://sd.usembassy.gov/ ) for the most up-to-date information
· Follow the advice of the CDC and local health authorities that you can find at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
· Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Monitor the Department of State’s COVID-19 website at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html
· U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
+ (249) (187) 022871
+ (249) (187) 022000 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages, please use the following link: