March 17, 2020
Event: The Government of Sudan has announced a suspension of all commercial air travel, both international and domestic, starting March 16 until , further notice. The U.S. Embassy in Sudan will provide more information as it becomes available from the Government of Sudan.
On March 14, the Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the Embassy’s website (https://sd.usembassy.gov/ ) for the most up-to-date information
- Follow the advice of the CDC and local health authorities that you can find at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor the Department of State’s COVID-19 website at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
+ (249) (187) 022871
+ (249) (187) 022000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444