We make life a little easier when it comes to your passport needs!
Are you a U.S. citizen in Sudan that needs to renew your passport? Want a faster processing time for your passport application? If you are unsure which form is needed in your situation, the Passport Application Wizard can guide you to the correct form, estimate your payment, photo requirements and generate the form for you to print and have it ready for your appointment date. Using the wizard is not only easier but will help you set your passport faster than a handwritten application.
What is the Passport Wizard?
The wizard will prepare you to apply for a U.S. passport, whether it’s your first time applying, you need to renew, or you want to get a passport for your child. Please note that completing the wizard does not entitle you to a U.S. passport, and the U.S. embassy may require you to provide additional forms or supporting documents before issuing your passport.
Tips for using the Form Filler tool:
- Begin your application by clicking on “Submit” under the “Fill Out Online and Print” column.
- Form Filler will begin as a form DS-11 by default, but it will generate a PDF of the correct form at the end (DS-11, DS-82, DS-5504, etc.) based on your responses.
- Please ensure you enter your email address on the application form correctly. The consular section will use this address to notify you when your passport is ready for collection.
- For the question “was your most recent passport book limited for two years or less?” only select “yes” if the passport you are renewing was an emergency passport issued by a consulate or embassy overseas. If the passport you are renewing was limited to two or four years because it is a second passport, select “no.”
- The Embassy has no expedited service or overnight delivery. Selecting these will have no effect on the processing of your application or the fee you are charged at your interview.
- To print your application, scroll to the bottom of the final page, check the box for acknowledgement, and click the blue “Create Form” button. This will generate the PDF that you must print and bring to your appointment. You must print your form single-sided. We do not accept double-sided forms.
- Do not make handwritten corrections to the form after you’ve printed it. The Form Filler tool will create a unique barcode for your application, and handwriting on the form will delay processing your application.
Note: There is no walk-in service for United States citizens who require a service related to passports, citizenship or birth registration. These services are by appointment only. If you are unable to find any available appointments and your intended travel is two weeks or less away, you can request an urgent appointment for an emergency passport by sending an email to ACSKhartoum@state.gov. After you send your request, you will be contacted by email with an appointment date and time (given the overall volume of urgent requests, we cannot guarantee that you will receive an appointment before your scheduled travel date).
For information regarding the requirements to apply for a U.S. passport, please check the Embassy website for more information. To schedule an appointment, please access the online appointment website.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter