Event:The Department of State recommends U.S. citizens avoid the Wadi Seidna Airfield starting on 29 April due to the threat of increased violence in and around the airfield.
Actions to take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review Department of State’s Travel Advisory for Sudan and the most recent Security Alerts.
- U.S. citizens in Sudan who need assistance should contact the closest U.S. embassy or consulate.
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- If traveling to Egypt, apply online ahead of time for an Egypt e-visa