Travel Information: The Embassy has received confirmation from airport management that Badr flight 6660 to Jeddah will depart at 4:30 p.m.; Badr flight 684 to Cairo is expected to depart at 6:30 p.m.
Roads leading to the airport may not be safe, although the roads are generally more clear than previous days, with fewer barricades encountered. There are reports of protesters gathering at the northeast side of the airport, moving westward. Sudanese Armed Forces are present as well and there are no reports of violence received by the Embassy at the time of release of this message. Any approach to the airport should be made from the west via Africa St.
The Embassy has received reports of a general strike among airport workers, as well as many Sudanese pilots. These protests and internet outages hamper the commercial availability of flights. Crowds may develop at the airport as flights are made available. The flights listed above are not guaranteed to depart. The Embassy received reports that the airport has not been overly crowded today, October 29. Ensuring the availability of future air travel remains a priority for the U.S. Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- Shelter in place to the extent possible.
- Do not to travel to the airport without 1) direct confirmation of a reserved flight, 2) a reasonable expectation of safe and secure passage to the airport, and 3) confirmation from the U.S. Embassy that flights are in fact departing from the airport.
- Do not come to the Embassy as all in-person services are suspended.
- If you plan to travel, please obtain the appropriate COVID-19 test required by your destination.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- In the event of an emergency, please contact the international assistance line at +1-888-407-4747 or the U.S. domestic assistance line at +1-202-501-4444. U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan can also be reached intermittently at +249 18 702 2000. American Citizen Services unit continues to monitor its email inbox at ACSKhartoum@state.gov.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
+249 18 702 2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter