Location: Khartoum metropolitan areas (Khartoum, Omdurman, and Khartoum North) and in other cities across Sudan.
Event: The Embassy continues to closely monitor the situation in Khartoum and surrounding areas, where there is ongoing gunfire and security force activity. U.S. citizens are strongly advised to remain indoors and shelter in place until further notice.
Due to the uncertain security situation in Khartoum and closure of the airport, there are no plans for U.S. government-coordinated evacuation at this time. If evacuation of private U.S. citizens becomes necessary, this announcement will be made public by Travel Alert and Travel Advisory.
U.S. citizens currently in Khartoum and surrounding areas, who are interested in evacuation, please fill out the following form: https://cacms.state.gov/s/crisis-intake so we may register your interest. If you are unable to shelter in place or have an emergency please call please call 1-888-407-4747 (toll free) or +1 606-260-4374 (local). Please ensure you provide the correct local phone number and e-mail address, since we will use this information to contact you.
Actions to take:
- Remain sheltered in place
- Attempt to stay at the lower levels of your location, remain away from window and attempt to keep away from roadways.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Review Department of State travel advisory for Sudan.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter