Location: Khartoum metropolitan areas (Khartoum, Omdurman, and Khartoum North) and in other cities across Sudan.
Event: The Embassy continues to closely monitor the situation in Khartoum and surrounding areas, where there is ongoing fighting, gunfire, and security forces activity. There have also been reports of assaults, home invasions, and looting. U.S. citizens are strongly advised to remain indoors, shelter in place until further notice and avoid travel to the U.S. embassy. The U.S. embassy remains under a shelter in place order and cannot provide emergency consular services.
Due to the uncertain security situation in Khartoum and closure of the airport, it is not currently safe to undertake a U.S. government-coordinated evacuation of private U.S. citizens.
U.S. citizens in Sudan who need assistance should contact the closest U.S. embassy or consulate.
Actions to take:
- Remain sheltered in place.
- Attempt to stay at the lower levels of your location, stay away from windows and attempt to keep away from roadways.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review Department of State’s Travel Advisory for Sudanand the most recent Security Alerts.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
Our navigator assistant at the following link will guide you to the information you need.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter