March 9, 2020
Location: Kober bridge, Khartoum North, Sudan
Event: Vehicle attack/Improvised Explosive Device (IED) detonation near Kober bridge
At approximately 0910 today an IED detonated near Kober bridge in Khartoum North. Local travel by U.S. government personnel is limited to official movements only. The Embassy will continue to review the security situation and will provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
+ (249) (187) 022871
+ (249) (187) 022000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter