Location: Sudan, country-wide
Event: The Government of Sudan has announced a national State of Emergency. Sudanese authorities will likely establish night-time checkpoints throughout Sudan. The location and duration of checkpoints is unknown. In addition, demonstrations are expected to continue. The Embassy has advised its personnel to limit movements between 1800h on February 25, until 0600h on February 26.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid non-essential night time travel.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of a checkpoint or demonstration.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
+ (249) (187) 022871
+ (249) (187) 022000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.