Location: Sudan, countrywide
Event: In light of the recent release of a convicted killer of two U.S. Embassy personnel, the Embassy notes that terrorist actors or organizations periodically call for acts of violence against U.S. or western targets in Sudan. Threats of terrorism are always to be taken seriously and U.S. citizens in Sudan should exercise caution and use good judgment. The Sudan Travel Advisory remains at Level 4: Do Not Travel due to terrorism and other factors, noting “members of known terrorist groups and individuals sympathetic to these groups in Sudan could attack with little or no warning, targeting foreign and local government facilities, and areas frequented by Westerners.”
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution in areas known to be frequented by U.S. citizens or Westerners.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Khartoum, Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444