Passport Applications

Print or Download Passport Applications

It is now possible to print passport application forms in Portable Document Format (PDF). Adobe PDF files require Acrobat Reader software from Adobe Systems Inc.

The forms you print must be clear and sharp. Applications that are blurred or illegible will not be accepted. They must be printed in black print on white paper. The paper must be 8 1/2 inches by 1l inches, with no holes or perforations, at least medium (20 lb.) weight, and with a matte surface. Thermal paper, dye-sublimation paper, special inkjet paper, and other shiny papers are not acceptable.

Some printers will reduce the photograph area on the passport application to less than 2×2 inches (5×5 cm). Please make sure that the photograph area on the printed application form is 2×2 inches (5×5 cm) to ensure that the photographs you submit (also 2×2 inches [5x5cm] in size) can be correctly attached.

DS-11 and DS-82 application forms both have 4 pages. Pages 1 and 2 provide information for the applicant and are not for submission. Page 3 requires information to be completed by the applicant, and although page 4 requires no information from the applicant, it does contain official legal statements and is required as part of the application form. Pages 1,2, and 4 should be read before completing page 3. Your application for submission must include pages 3 and 4. Your application will not be accepted without both these pages.

The following forms are available for printing. Failure to use the correct form will result in a delay in the issuance of your passport.

DS-11: Application for Passport

Pages 3 and 4 of this form must be presented and signed in person in the presence of a consular officer. In the case of a child under 14 years of age, both parents must be present. See page 1 of the form: Special Requirements for Children Under Age 14.

You must use this form IF:

  1. You have never had a US passport OR
  2. You are under age 16 OR
  3. Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago OR
  4. Your most recent passport was lost or stolen.

(If you are applying because your most recent passport was lost or stolen, you will also need to submit Form DS-64 listed below.)

Please follow the instructions on pages 1 and 2. Print and complete page 3, and print and read page 4 carefully before appearing with pages 3 and 4 to apply for your passport. You should allow between two and three weeks for the passport to be ready after you have submitted you application.

DS-82: Application for U.S. Passport by Mail

(For Renewals Only) This form should be used for renewing a previously issued US passport. You should allow between two and three weeks for the passport to be ready after you have submitted you application.

There are 4 criteria for using this form. Please use the following checklist to see if you are eligible to apply with a DS-82:

  1. I can submit my most recent passport AND
  2. I was at least 16 years old when my most recent passport was issued AND
  3. I was issued my most recent passport in the last 15 years AND
  4. I use the same name as on my most recent passport or since my passport was issued, I have had my named changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect my name-change.

If you answered NO to any one of the 4 statements above…STOP! You cannot use Form DS-82! You must apply on a DS-11.

DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost Or Stolen Passport

This form should be submitted along with the DS-11 Application for Passport and brought with you when you go in person to apply for a new passport if your previous passport has been lost or stolen.

DS-3053: Statement of Consent: 

Issuance of a Passport to a Minor under age 16 

This form should be submitted, along with the DS-11 Application for Passport, for minors under age 14 as evidence of parental permission if:

  • You are a parent or guardian who cannot be present when your child applies for his or her passport and you are consenting to passport issuance for your child.
  • The form should be signed and notarized by a registered notary in the U.S. or by a Consular officer at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. Notarized documents from foreign notaries or from anyone other than a Consular officer are not accepted.

DS-5525: Statement of Special Circumstances: 

If the minor has two parents/guardians, but one is absent and cannot be located to provide parental consent in a timely manner, the applying parent must submit Form DS-5525: Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances. The statement must explain in detail the non-applying parent’s or guardian’s unavailability and recent efforts made to contact the non-applying parent. The applying parent also may be required to provide evidence (e.g., custody order, incarceration order, restraining order) to document his/her claim of exigent or special circumstances. To protect against international parental child abduction, the Passport Agency processing the application may ask for additional details if the statement is determined to be insufficient.

DS-5504 Application for a U.S. Passport Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement