Consular services at U.S. Embassy Khartoum remain suspended, including all visa services.  

In general, we do not provide evacuation assistance to non-U.S. citizens.   Those with a passport or citizenship documentation for another country who wish to depart Sudan and believe it is safe to do so should make their own plans to depart.  The embassy or consulate of an individual’s nationality, including those who are U.S. lawful permanent residents, is responsible for helping their citizens.

We understand that U.S. citizens evacuating from Sudan may prefer that family members with pending immigrant visa cases travel with them to the United States.  Generally, non-citizens cannot enter the United States without an issued visa.

If your friend or family member is not a U.S. citizen, you can contact the embassy or consulate of their nationality.

Nonimmigrant Visas for Sudanese Nationals

Nonimmigrant visa applications may be processed wherever a Sudanese applicant is physically located and able to schedule an appointment. You can use the following page for U.S. embassy/consulate contact information:

An application for a nonimmigrant visa does not replace or provide access to refugee or relocation assistance. Non-U.S. citizens who are seeking assistance as refugees should contact the nearest UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) office.

Immigrant Visas for Sudanese Nationals

Transferring your IV case to another U.S. embassy or consulate:

The U.S. Embassy in Cairo has been designated to process immigrant visas for applicants in Sudan. This includes fiancé(e) and Diversity Visas (DVs). If your case is still pending at the National Visa Center (NVC) or Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), it will be scheduled at Embassy Cairo. 

If you have questions about an immigrant visa case previously scheduled for an interview in Khartoum, please email

Individuals with approved, current petitions who have not been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview may be able to request expedited processing and/or a transfer to another interviewing post through the National Visa Center.  To request expedited scheduling, please email  Please make sure to include your case or receipt number on the subject line and the reason for your request. Please also include at least one of the of the following:

  • Petitioner’s name and date of birth
  • Beneficiary’s name and date of birth
  • Invoice ID number

Filing an IV Petition: U.S. citizens who are overseas with immediate family members and have not yet filed an immigrant visa petition with USCIS may request to file a petition at the nearest embassy or consulate that processes immigrant visas.  This applies only to U.S. citizens physically present in that consular district filing petitions for their spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents who have fled Sudan.