Expedited interviews are provided based on local conditions, capacity, and staffing and may be subject to change. Our number one priority is to ensure the health and safety of our colleagues and clients. This may result in scheduling delays.
An expedited interview may be granted for the following reasons:
- Death, serious illness, or life-threatening accident of an immediate relative in the United States;
- Emergency medical treatment, or to accompany an individual traveling to receive emergency medical treatment in the United States;
- Students applying for F or M visas;
- Exchange visitors traveling on J visas; or
- Applicants for employment-based H and L visas.
- Accredited foreign diplomats seeking B visas.
- To request an expedited interview appointment, please send an email with the details of your emergency, a copy of your DS-160 confirmation page, and any documents related to your emergency (i.e. medical reports, study forms, etc..) to KhartoumNIV@state.gov.
In all cases, if granted, you must bring documentation to the interview to confirm the emergency. While we do our best to expedite nonimmigrant interviews for true emergencies, we encourage applicants to apply well in advance of their intended travel dates.