Expedited interviews are provided based on local conditions, capacity, and staffing and may be subject to change. Our number one priority is to ensure the health and safety of our colleagues and clients. This may result in scheduling delays.
You should request an expedited appointment only if you have reasons to believe you may qualify for one of these exceptions.
An expedited interview may be granted for the following reasons:
- Death, serious illness, or life-threatening accident of an immediate relative in the United States;
- Emergency medical treatment, or to accompany an individual traveling to receive emergency medical treatment in the United States;
- Students applying for F or M visas;
- Exchange visitors traveling on J visas;
- Applicants for employment-based H and L visas;
- B1 applicants participating in medical observerships;
- Accredited diplomats and their families posted to Sudan who are traveling on B1/B2 visas;
- B1 applicants invited by an International Organization.
To request an expedited interview appointment, please send an email with the details of your qualification, copy of your DS-160 confirmation page, and supporting documents (i.e. medical reports, study forms, invitation letters, etc.) to KhartoumNIV@state.gov.
In all cases, if granted, you must bring documentation to the interview to confirm your qualifications for and expedited appointment. While we do our best to expedite nonimmigrant interviews for true emergencies, we encourage applicants to apply well in advance of their intended travel dates.